To summarize, Belgium is…
- a young nation (1830) overrun in the past by the Spanish, the French, the Austrians, the Dutch and the Germans.
- a melting pot of cultures straddling the boundary between the Germanic and Latin worlds.
- 6 million Flemings, 3.5 million Walloons, and 1 million inhabitants of Brussels.
- 0.02% of the earth’s surface and 0.16% of the world population.
- 30,528 km² in surface area.
- bordered by France, the Netherlands, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Germany.
- flat, with the Signal de Botrange (694 meters) in the High Fens as its highest point.
Thx to Belgian Beer Cafe