You want to do everything on your own device, right? 🙂
Gaining Developers Mode
1. Go to main screen
2. Select “Just type…” bar
3. In the bar type “webos20090606” without the quotes
4. Tap the Developer Mode icon
5. Set Developer Mode to ON
6. Do NOT enter a password, simply hit Submit
7. Congrats device is in developer mode for use with SDK or webOS Quick Install
Preware is an alternative marketplace for webos… Like cydia is for ios, many for android or like, well, none for wp7…
So you want to install this as well.
1. Download latest version here. V4.2.3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/WebO…tall-4.2.3.jar
2. Connect device in developer mode and select “Cancel” when mount as usb notification appears.
3. Run webOS Quick Install. If novacom driver isn’t installed, it shall install for you.
4. Click third button on the right side (Globe icon)
5. Click on “All” box
6. Proceed to search for “Preware”
7. Click Install
8. Congrats Preware is now installed on your webOS device.
So, now you can start installing a whole lot more of apps =)
- Govnah, to overlock the hell out of your tablet!
- UberKernel, a more stable kernel destined for overclocking (use the stable versions please…)
- EOM Overlord Monitoring, because it’s actually creepy how much information is send back to hp…
- Faster Card Animations HYPER version, improve the smoothness of your system!
- Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10, the same
- remove Dropped Packet Logging, stop sending information to hp!
- Unthrottle Download Manager, speed up your internet!
Maybe I’ll find some more, and let you know!