My first time TechEd and it was awesome!
Much more heavy that anticipated: went to sessions everyday from 8.30 ‘till 18.15 sucking up all available knowledge!
Talked to a bunch of interesting people, tried to learn as much as possible, saw cool demo’s and was impressed by the huuuge amount of people there!
Things to remember!
- All kinds of new things in Windows 10, in specific Enterprise Data Protection and Data Containers!
- LSA Special Logon Groups – http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2008/03/11/special-groups-auditing-via-group-policy-preferences.aspx
Will come in handy in monitoring, getting all those generic logon events out of the way!
- Image File Execution Options – http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a329t4ed%28VS.71%29.aspx
Really fun trick to trick windows in running different executables, gives me a way of mapping another application to my “ASSIST” button on my VAIO…
- Authentication Mechanism Assurance – http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378897%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
Awesome cool trick to create a difference in group mappings between a normal password logon and a smartcard logon in Windows.
- JEA – http://blogs.technet.com/b/privatecloud/archive/2014/05/14/just-enough-administration-step-by-step.aspx
Very cool toolkit, but I’m afraid it’s too difficult for servicedesks… Nevertheless, PowerShell should be the future!
- EMS! EMS! EMS!
- IoT – Windows “Athens” – https://twitter.com/mendel129/status/527375775784534016
Which will run on 256mb of ram 🙂 Raspberry not confirmed 😦
- Järjestelmänvalvoja is “administrator” in Finish – http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/13813.localized-names-for-administrator-account-in-windows.aspx
- and a whooole lot more 🙂
Further, I saw Mimikatz come by like 10 times, got the colours of ProcessExplorer explained to me for 3 times, learned how to set a filter in ProcessMonitor 2 times…
- if you want to download everything: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/All-Videos-and-Slides-from-db03a7a9
- or manually of course: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/Europe/2014#fbid=0gD5-tIyC_O