All sources come from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1301202 .
Check http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011-RELEASE-ALPHA-Discussion-CyanogenMod-team-Touchpad-port for all downloads & more information
THIS IS ALPHA, IT CAN BE UNSTABLE!!!
Many thanks to the members of the cyanogenmod-team to create this!
You’ll need 4 things:
- novacom drivers installed
(download them from the
- place the 2 zip files on your touchpad, \cminstall\ (create the folder)
- shut down your touchpad
- boot it while holding the volume-up button, a usb icon will appear
- mount it to your computer
- grab the cmd, browse to the place where you’ve downloaded the acmeinstaller file, and type “C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom” boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller
- watch the installer do its work =)
on my 32gb version it took like… 15 minutes or so to install =)
Some bugs on my touchpad: (hey, that’s why it’s called an ALPHA release :p )
- doesn’t always resume from standby
google apps are missing
marketplace is missing
not able to sync with google
to install all the google stuff, check my post here
A little overview of the coolest things developers are doing with the HP Touchpad.
- putting android on it
The team behind the popular cellphone based CyanogenMod ROM’s are working on a direct port of CM7 to the touchpad.
- putting android in it, as an app
- porting the android dalvik virtual machine. Linux is linux =) Just needs some extra libraries…
other cool things
You want to do everything on your own device, right? 🙂
First step is to root the touchpad (root, jailbreak, developer unlock, … you name it 😛 ) (guide from Nburnes on XDA )
Gaining Developers Mode
1. Go to main screen
2. Select “Just type…” bar
3. In the bar type “webos20090606” without the quotes
4. Tap the Developer Mode icon
5. Set Developer Mode to ON
6. Do NOT enter a password, simply hit Submit
7. Congrats device is in developer mode for use with SDK or webOS Quick Install
Preware is an alternative marketplace for webos… Like cydia is for ios, many for android or like, well, none for wp7…
So you want to install this as well.
1. Download latest version here. V4.2.3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774158/WebO…tall-4.2.3.jar
2. Connect device in developer mode and select “Cancel” when mount as usb notification appears.
3. Run webOS Quick Install. If novacom driver isn’t installed, it shall install for you.
4. Click third button on the right side (Globe icon)
5. Click on “All” box
6. Proceed to search for “Preware”
7. Click Install
8. Congrats Preware is now installed on your webOS device.
So, now you can start installing a whole lot more of apps =)
- Govnah, to overlock the hell out of your tablet!
- UberKernel, a more stable kernel destined for overclocking (use the stable versions please…)
- EOM Overlord Monitoring, because it’s actually creepy how much information is send back to hp…
- Faster Card Animations HYPER version, improve the smoothness of your system!
- Increase Touch Sensitivity And Smoothness 10, the same
- remove Dropped Packet Logging, stop sending information to hp!
- Unthrottle Download Manager, speed up your internet!
More info in this topic, and this topic!
Maybe I’ll find some more, and let you know!
Fnac.com provided me with a great HP Touchpad for the incredible low price of 130€ 😛
Yes it was a battle, and yes the hunt was hard, but I found one! 🙂
Fnac, thank you!
User experiences are coming up shortly!